Friday, September 2, 2011

It is interesting this will be my first post....

I have really come to love Science Fiction shows, mainly for how they give me a picture to ideas and concepts that are difficult to explain with words and impossible with the constraints of non-fiction television.

Now this at least applies to good syfy, of course. I love the way ironies can be displayed and "American ideologies" can be extended in ways to show their own selfishness so explicitly.

I think there is much more to be said about this genre, but my love for it is continuing to grow.

Here is a couple common science fiction tv movies or shows and some great themes I believe they address:

Battlestar Galactica: What does it mean to be human? Is it something biological or something more?

Stargate: Manifest Destiny, Dominion of USA

Dr. Who: Violence: Justifiable war, Importance of being Human

No comments:

Post a Comment